Wednesday 13 June 2012

Tuesday, May 8th, Day 58

Since when do we have to agree with people to defend them from injustice? -Lillian Hellman, playwright (1905-1984)


Grandma Clara, Me and Mom...1979 I believe
Patrick James Dunn The beginning of The Sisterhood, Hotel Kits, pre-house fire. Memory Lane extraordinaire. Wonderful snap!!!




Hi Dad, Mom,

Sounds like your having a very restful and lovely time at S/K, I'm glad hope this down time will help your foot Nana.

I have meant to write earlier but seems I am always running out as soon as I get in. Grames is better, as of Friday they were dressing her and she was eating meals in the common room on her floor, she is still on oxygen and they are not sure if that will stop but still they are all happily surprised at her strength. 

No word from Lars as of yet, and yes car is parked downstairs and sadly has a full take of gas as I took it to the states the last time it was used, guess you can enjoy that ;) Branko got his beer, yes god he is an odd one, every time he comes into the brewery he wants to tell me weird stories and i always need to rush him off as lines form!!! As for June, I asked her how long she and her friend were staying b/c I wanted to figure out if I could put them at G & G's before Brian's parents come and I think she got offended b/c she never responded and she hounded me constantly for me to give her details on my whereabouts on the day of her arrival and phone number etc but whatever?? I guess they will be in your room.

I have an interview tonight at the Co Op finally, they sent an email last week and I responded straight away, so this will get me on a pre-approved list as soon as places come available, so will let you know how it goes.

Sadly no job interviews???? I am feeling quite frustrated and disappointed but am spending at least 1 day a week at Boys and Girls and will go 2 days starting next week as they have an event June 2nd which I am doing a lot for.





Maurice Sendak, the children’s author and illustrator best known for the 1963 classic “Where the Wild Things Are,” died Tuesday in Danbury, Conn., reportedly of complications from a stroke. He was 83.
The Brooklyn-born author, the son of Jewish immigrants from Poland, lost many family members in the Holocaust and spent time in bed with health problems as a child. After seeing the Disney movie “Fantasia” at the age of 12, an experience that influenced his work throughout his career, he decided to become an illustrator.

Love you both, Mags is so happy when I'm home and is feeling very needy!!! She needs you both to come home now. Chloe Alexis xxxxxxxxxx



Hi Goils!

I trust you are well, Chloe, since we've not heard from you in a bit. Ayn is the Facebook Queen! How is Mom? Nanan wants to know if Pierre is finished his coursework? What sor tof work is he looking for? Just to remind you, Chloe, the car insurance lapses on May 8th. I assume you will probably park Titanium Green downstairs. Have you ironed out details of June's arrival on May 20th? Did Brankio ever pick up his beer? Has Lars called about my bike? Not worried but curious! 
Give Maggs a scratch behind the ears. Love and Cheers to you both, Dad!


hi patrick .great note.just back from my medical re union in 
scotland.old farts united.!everyone still in the u.k. 
retired;everyone in the colonies still working.went to see hugo very 
enjoyable. but not as good as starbucks.[the movie].corinne take care 
of your foot.whats a guy got to do to get ham at easter?keep enjoying 
your hols ;matt



Hello Sluggards, Non-Peletonians, Surfer Dudes and Fugitives from Homeland
Security!

Foist and foremsot, glad to learn that Jerry isn't langusihing in Guantanamo
Bay! Seems, from what you reported, Big Al, that you were too, too busy
boozing and brawling to hook up with our friends in Brisbane. Is that the
case or did you manage to say hello? Sorry that we were not able to connect
ourselves.

Trust you are well back into the swing of things by now, Big Molly. Are you
riding with the lycra/lattte crowd yet?



Hi Patrice,

I'm sorry, but between Drinking and gambling and fighting and the ensuing
need to flee the country I was not able to connect with your friends!

I'm sorry that we were not able to connect also, but sounds like you had a
busy schedule and are having lot's of fun. I probably should have given your
friends a call but felt a little awkward not knowing them at all and would
probably have not been able to get together anyway as I didn't have a day
off, despite being grossly underworked I still had to stick around.

I enjoyed reading about your experiences in the Corvair and such and will
read on when I get a chance but for now wanted to respond before appearing
rude.

I had a nice day and a half in Waikiki on the way home and picked up where I
left off on my surfing by getting a one on one surfing lesson for an hour
and was quite proud of myself as I got up quickly and managed to ride a long
way and even was able to steer to avoid fellow novices. Unfortunately I am
back to the grind tomorrow on the show and have not had a chance to get out
for a ride yet. I do not feel too guilty though as it sounds like some
others have been slacking off as well!. I did have a pleasant surprise when
I got home from exercise class this evening as Whirlygig had dropped a nice
bottle of Arhdberg 10 year old single malt in appreciation of a welding
repair I did on his bike a while ago. His frame had cracked almost all the
way around the main tube and was about to completely break so it was good He
brought it when he did! He brought his son Jacob over when he brought the
bike and we had a very pleasant visit.

I need to email him and thank him now so I need to sign off but will get in
touch soon. Take care and give my best to all.

Cheers, Al



Hi Big Al!

Glad you are back safely! Don't worry about not contacting friends in Brisbane. I understand completely but thought if it worked out everyone would have benefited. While it would seem rather easy to get together, while travelling, when one is talking about being in the same place somewhere,in the world, the reality, (time constraints, modes of communication, transportation, unfamiliarity with local distances, etc.), is usually far more complicated than it would seem when one first thinks about the possibilty of meeting. Perhaps next time around.

I suppose you will be foregoing the Peleton in favour of surfing at Long Beach in Tofino now that you are 
showing off for Gidget! I imagine Whirlygig was releived that you were able to weld his frame before your change of sport! He might even want the Ardbeg back! Of course, he might take pity on you as you'll obviously need a drop or two to warm you up after being dumped by the rollers on the West Coast! Fondestos to Marilyn and The Young Brothers. Hello to the Peletonians and your new Surfer Dude Buddies. Buona Fortuna with work. Cheers, Patrizzio!




Ah Pat, you haven't changed a bit. Tomorrow I...
Carol Riera
Ah Pat, you haven't changed a bit. Tomorrow I am going on a tour while Bruno slaves away. We will hike in a rainforest to then swim in a waterfall, after we will head to one of the nicest beaches in the Caribbean and finally we will top the night off by kayaking in bioluminescence Bay which glows because of little sea creatures. See ya one of these days! xoxo
Patrick James Dunn
Patrick James Dunn
Can't seem to find Sylvaine! Ask her to send me a request to be freinds! Thanks. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Carol Riera
Carol Riera
Just click on my friends and you will see Sylvie Roy and you can friend her!
Patrick James Dunn
Patrick James Dunn
Hi Choo-Choo! Thanks, Sylvie sent me a request. How did your exam go?
Carol Riera
Carol Riera
Exams done and we are in our hotel in puerto Rico. La vida es linda!
Patrick James Dunn
Patrick James Dunn
Hi Puerto Rica!

Trust your holiday is going well! Has been a busy time ever since arriving in Harcourt North, even though we are leading an idyllic life. Fondestos to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio!

No comments:

Post a Comment