Thursday 22 March 2012

Monday, March 19th, Day 8

If what you are getting online is for free, you are not the customer, you are the product. -Jonathan Zittrain, professor of Internet law (b. 1969) 

Hi Tiptoe!

Thanks again for the wonderful limo service and luncheon at The Graphic Arts Club! Not to mention storage! (Even if my suit is sold on eBay!) More than appreciated by both of us. Sorry that I've not been in touch sooner! No excuses but plenty of reasons! My standard alibi!!!

That is why I sent the last message five times! As I may have mentioned, some problem/confusion about Outgoing Mail Server. I'm sure you were surprised to get a message, more than text length, from Cora Lee.

Hi Ragin'!

I enjoyed your latest account of your ride with The Snozz and Peter, Peter Pumpkin Eater! Sounds as if things have not changed since I've not been around to enforce peleton rules! Sorry that I've not been in touch sooner! No excuses but plenty of reasons! My standard alibi!! 
Tomorrow morning when we head to Harcourt North, about half an hour south of Bendigo to stay with friends, Kathleen and Steve. Will be in touch from there as I hope to use one of their computers so that I can clear up some of the problems I, as a relative iPad novice, have been having with sending attachments, etc. Need a tutorial with you. Fly over and we'll pay all your expenses!! Perhaps you won't need our help if Guinness hires you! Hello and best wishes from Flamin'/Sarge and Cora Lee to you and The Inside Passage! Cheers, Il Conduttore!

Hi Raymond!

Glad that the email I thought I'd sent from HK finally arrived! I think I may have mentioned, in a latter email, that I was having trouble with Outgoing Mail Server. Anyway, the fact that you did receive message, with photos, means that I think I've worked out what to do. Wanted to take a look inside the HK Squahs Club but thought that Hungerford's cronies might get upset!!!

Thanks for St Patrick's Day wishes. 
Yes, Cora Lee has had her troubles but her foot seems to be improving slowly. She and Flamin' returned to the room a few minutes ago and both plopped down on their repsective beds, exhausted by all the walking and buying! I picked up a nifty freezer pack, at a corner store, before returning to hotel, for Her Majesty's Royal Foot, and she has her leg elevated and is icing as I speak, reading Death Comes to Pemberley, PD James' latest, on her iPad. I've just started The Blind Spy by Alex Dryden but was too tired to read more than a few pages last night. Gather is has to do with current day Russia/Ukraine military threats involving CIA, MI6 and ex-KGB agents.

Thanks for the mention of the articles in the Sun. I'll take a look at Cora Lee's iPad as she has the app. Hard to keep up with Wade Davis as he is such a prolific author. Time to search for the perfect Semiilon and Shiraz so will say goodbye for now. Want to download latest pictures when I return so will send along some snaps once I've done that. Hello from Flamin' and Cora Lee to you and Sylvia. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Hi Grogg and Lurch!

Hope skiing goes well. Say hello to Heike and Siege. Glad you will connect with Clarisse and Dusty. Give them our wishes and love. Buona Fortuna with baseball, El Presidente!!! Sorry that I've not been in touch sooner! No excuses but plenty of reasons! My standard alibi!! Fairly easy flight to Melbourne and connection, via Airport Express and free shuttle, to Marriott, arriving as St Patrick's Day festivities were well underway! Imagine that there were plenty of hangovers on SUnday! We went out for a short stroll that evening to find a restaurant for dinner, around 8:00pm. Sarge was back from the Grand Prix at just before 7:00pm and Cora Lee and Flamin' had gone out to start exploring for shopping opportunities! We went downstairs to Gym/Pool facility and had a sauna. Pool is okay for a dip but not for laps. Fortunately, for me, Melbourne City Baths is just a 10 minute walk away. Closed at 6:00pm on wekends so couldn't squeeze in a swim after we checked in but did yesterday. At any rate, we passed an Irish pub on way to restaurant, huge lineup, mostly young people smoking and texting. Corinne chided me for shaking my head and harummphing about such behaviour. She reminded me that when I was their age I used to frequent similar establishments, although I never smoked, tobacco that is!!!. Music was so loud, even on sidewalk, one couldn't think. Too, too old for such places and scenes now. Nevertheless, really don't begrudge youth their chosen pastimes but I fear for their health with respect to tobacco. Are you listening? More people smoking here than I've seen in a long time, even more than in HK but that may just have been our experience.

Will be here until tomorrow morning when we head to Harcourt North, about half an hour south of Bendigo to stay with Kathleen and Steve. Will be in touch from there as I hope to use one of their computers so that I can clear up some of the problems I, as a relative iPad novice, have been having with sending attachments, etc. Need a tutorial from Ragin' BullHello and best wishes from Flamin'/Sarge and Cora Lee to you and Lurch! Cheers, Il Conduttore!

Good morning Logie, 

I have a late afternoon appointment deferred from yesterday and chasing up other appointments from last week. I'll be working from Macquarie Park, so let me know if there is anything I can attend?
Also, I checked my account and the funds had not transferred.
Chat soon. Tim 


Hi Tiptoe!

I transferred $1,000 AUD to your tax-free account in the Grand Caymans, as well as a cool $2 mil to your secret Swiss account. Trust this meets your expectations! Off to Bendigo shortly to see Grace Kelly Style Icon at the Art Gallery there. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrice!

Your Mad!!

Safe driving. Oo roo Kangaroo


Hi Laura and James:

Your Mom gave us 011-61413 595 915 as your cell but it doesn't connect! We are at the Marriott until Tuesday morning, in room 611. You can leave a message at the hotel or call us at 420 719 122, a cell Michele bought upon arrival. We'd like to  see you both and congratulate you on your engagement. We are off shortly for dinner but should be back by 10:30pm or so. Hope to hear from you. Cheers, Corinne and Patrick!
 

Hi Patrick and Corinne,

We're sorry to have missed you! I hope you had a wonderful visit to Melbourne, did you get a chance to head to the Mornington Peninsula at all?
If you are back in Melbourne before heading off please let us know. Cheers, Laura
  


Pat,
    24 degrees in Winnipeg today. Not so in Vancouver with even a few snowflakes this morning.
Ray
 

No comments:

Post a Comment